Reasons to agree:
Background: "The time has come for universal health care in America [...] I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country." Barak Obama, Jan 24rth 2007.
- The law of the harvest is that you reap what you sow. You shouldn't get something for nothing.
- We don't have enough money to pay for everyone's health care.
- The government should not even be talking about paying for more stuff until we pay back our debts.
- The health of our nation can be improved by extending health insurance to all Americans, not through a government program or new taxes, but through market reforms.
- There is a difference between getting healthcare insurance for those who can't afford it, so they can get preventative care that saves the system money in the long wrong, and saying you want the government to take over the system. Healthcare insurance is different than universial healthcare. We should do one, and get those kinks worked out, before we do a massive takeover of the entire system by the government.
- We don't want the institution that ran the Katrina response, or the post office, to be in charge of healthcare.